On Sunday morning, after feeding Lou and putting her down for her morning nap, I awkwardly made my way to the lift to meet up with my skiing companions. Nate and I both learned to ski as kids, but when I moved to Denver in 2006, I took up snowboarding. Whether he bought a snowboard for himself to win my heart or because he really enjoyed the sport, I don't know, but for this trip, Nate decided to rent skis instead of a snowboard. This worked out fine...I was just a little slower than everyone else. I'm not sure that skiing would have been any better though, because my risk-taking score (ie enjoyment of speed) is fairly low either way.
We only skied/boarded one day, leaving plenty of time for snowshoeing, walking, sheepshead, cooking, reading and sleeping in. We all took turns cooking breakfast and dinner and as a result, enjoyed delicious food everyday. I often wonder why I don't write more about food on this blog, so here goes:
- Friday dinner: Red Iguana - fantastic Mexican food in Salt Lake City
- Saturday breakfast: Travis and Ariyl made pumpkin cinnamon rolls, bacon, fruit and yogurt
- Saturday dinner: Nate and I made grilled chicken sandwiches, potato leek soup & brownie sundaes
- Sunday breakfast: Seth and Laura made veggie scrambled eggs and toast
- Sunday dinner: Erin made penne/Gorgonzola pasta bake and turkey/spaghetti/marinara bake
- Monday breakfast: Jess made scones, lemon curd, yogurt and fruit
- Monday dinner: Paul and Kristy made quinoa with roasted vegetables, red pepper soup and homemade bread for grilled cheese sandwiches
- Tuesday dinner: Travis and Ariyl made chicken nachos
Enough talking, you say? Okay, okay - here are some photos!
|My favorites from Seth and Laura's engagement photo shoot|
Looks like such a fun time! I like the idea of skiing and snowboarding, but tend to prefer horizontal ground. :) Miss you guys.ReplyDelete
Man...talk about good food and friends. Will this become an annual event? If so...put us on the list for 2013 or so:)ReplyDelete